Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question AF Lars' Homestead Battlepack

I wonder why the AF Lars' Family Homestead battlepack cost so much more than the others . Does anyone know why? It doesn't seem to be any better than the other battlepacks .
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

The last wave of battle packs...#12 through #18 weren't as plentiful as the first packs. Even when the battlepacks were on clearance, it was mostly the first #11 that were most often found in my area (Colorado).BattlePacks
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Don't forget too that the Landspeeder included in that pack is the only vehicle that I can think of, offhand, that can be found in any of the battlepacks 12 - 18. The rest are contain just collections of characters.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

re: Lars family speeder

I do not necessarily support the higher price for this battle pack, but to expand on what LBC says above, the Lars battle pack really is basically the same, content-wise, as the EP-1 Flash Speeder. When you look at it that way, an argument could be made for it being priced competitively with other Action Fleet vehicle sets, rather than other battle packs.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

LBC, yes you're right, the Lars landspeeder was one of the few vehicles in the later packs. The only other vehicle was the Speeder bike#17 in the Imperial Troops pack and it was just a re-release of the speeder bikes from #1 and #9 battle packs, so the Lars pack does indeed stand out in the later packs, as being the only new vehicle. Of course the #13 Hoth Attack pack has the "ick...I thought they smelled bad on the outside" factor of the NEAT open belly tauntaun.
    The first packs WERE more interesting IMHO, having the bantha, dewback, at-st, escape pod, swoop, skiff, landspeeder, Jabba on the dais, ronto and hang glider.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Arrow hey josh,

where are you refering to when you say that the lars family homestead costs so much more that the others? retail? an online establishment? ebay? corner undesirables?

it is true that this particular battle pack contains a new vehicle, but from my own experience with regards to ebay, the lars family battle pack sells for about the same as most of the other tail end bp's. the one battle pack which i've noticed does exsessivly cost more than the others is actually bp 12 cantina smugglers and spies. this one was way much tougher to find than the others upon initial release, and usually sells on ebay double what the others (including lars family) are fetchin'
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Smile

Hey GSJ , I saw the price on www.finalfrontiertoys.com . It was the most expensive battlepack on there .
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

yoiks!

that price (along with a lot of others) is totally outta line!

if you is in need of one of these lars family bp's, i will certainly keep my eyes open to save you the heartbreak of resorting to thoses theiving, greedy, ingrates!

here's two ebay auctions for the lars family battle pack

both of em got buy it nows for $6.99 and shipping for 3.99

1st auction

2nd auction

happy huntin'

Thanks GSJ

Thanks GSJ......I picked up one of those auctions you posted, as I'd been wanting an opener...... and the Buy it Now option was a good deal. If Huckleberry Josh doesn't bid on the other one in time, then I'll let him have the one I bid on. Thanks for the eye out GSJ!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    [/FONT]