Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Ep2 Action Fleet, Whats the Delay?

I don't know about anyone else, but It seems quite odd that Hasbro hasn't put any teaser photos out concerning the Ep2 Action Fleet Vehicles. It seems as if this wasn't the same marketing they used with the 3 3/4 figures, Ep2 Legos, Ep2 Lightsabers, and the 3 3/4 vehicles. Why is the Action Fleet so different? Quite possibly Hasbro hasn't even got the molds to set, let alone find someone to manufacture them. Does anyone have any idea what the hold up is? Oh, yes and then there are the repaints, hmm? Seems to me to me that they are trying to capitalize on what they had left within the coffers of the Old Galoob warehouse(I know what we'll do, repaint them and repackage and sell them as a limited 25th Anniversary Series!) And if they can't find the market with already tested retail items, we the consumer are sunk! Tell you what, Hasbro! A suggestion at marketing your 25th Anniversary Action Fleet Series to bring up profitable sales on this series. Introduce a mail in three proofs of purchase of one of each Millenium Falcon, X-wing,and DV Tie, and for just three proofs of purchase and $15. you will receive Hasbros limited addition Ep2 Action Fleet Jedi Starfighter! Really? Work with us, come up with a promotion to set the series off right, and not doomed to failure. Now that I've had my said, Please, please, please, three bags full! Issue us a teaser photo of at least one Ep2 Action Fleet Vehicle? Enough Said!

Hi

According to HasbroJediUK, the 1st wave is definately out in July.

Fingers crossed.

BC3

IMO, and this is totally just a guess, a different division is handling the Action Fleet now so leaked pics aren't going to come from the same sources; and also, Hasbro is probably holding them back because they don't want AF to interfere with their regular Saga figure sales.

Of course, there may be other issues to consider, such as retailer interest, retailer's lack of shelf space for Star Wars products, or something I just may not have considered.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What is supposed to come out?
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!

Besides the repaints, here's what Hasbro has listed:

- Clone Tank
    - Dooku's Solar Sailer
    - Republic Gunship
    - Republic Troop Transport

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The AF was pushed back to July? I thought they were to be released in June? Maybe everyone was right when they said Hasbro was setting up the line to fail.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Until I hear conclusively different info from Hasbro, I have to go by what we were told - late Summer, like September. I haven't heard anything from them updating that date, though I hope they DO update it to something sooner.

JT, others...
    I don't know how the decisions are made by Hasbro, or what the pricing policies have been in the past on the 3-3/4" figures, but I know that the figures have already been discounted to around $4.77 at wallyworld, and just under $5 at Kaybee. Does that seem like a fast time frame for a price drop for figures? All you need is eyes to see there's a glut of the most recognizable figures (pegwarmers, I think you call them?).
    So, from this example we see Hasbro appears to have learned NOTHING from EP1 as far as over-producing product.

Or perhaps it's WM and KB in their ordering practices????

Either way, it looks a whole lot like we'll see $1.99 clearance sales on the new figs, possibly by fall. Almost certainly for x-mas.

That benefits 3-3/4" figure buyers when it happens, but right now is what I'm worried about.

What I don't want to happen is Hasbro beancounters & hatchetmen pointing to already-discounted figures and overpriced (or at least comparitively expensive) vehicles for the 3-3/4" figures, and saying, "See! The SW market is just too soft. The stuff we've already released is languishing on the shelves, so why would we release another product?"

Naturally, I don't want that to happen! What I'd like to know, which would really ease my concerns as to the inevitability of the AF releases, is to hear from someone (glitch ???) for absolutely certain that large, major sales quantities of the new AF product have definitely already been manufactured overseas. Only when we get that kind of confirmation, will I stop being so suspicious of Hasbro's intentions towards AF.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

SWAFMAN,you are correct in your thoughts not to trust hasbro,it is obvious that the same failed marketing team that made a disaster of the Episode-1 merchandising are still making decisions in those smoke filled rooms.

I may offend some people by saying what I'm going to say but the truth is George Lucas and his desire to put all the Star Wars toy manufacturing and distribution under one tent was a major blow to all of us and furthermore lets just see it for what is the 3 3/4 line is hasbro's bread & butter and it's all they really care about.
    Last edited by SID; 06-14-2002 at 11:31 AM.
    "This is Space Intruder Detector"

Swaffy, TRU and Target have also dropped the price to 5 bucks, to some, it doesn't appear to be a problem, but to others like you and me, it does seem to be a HECK of a quick price drop with such a sad selection of pegwarmers around.

If Action Fleet suffers over this, then Hasbro will have buried themselves. They're totally insane already, to kill that off based on a line that has virtually NO relation to MM/AF... that'd be just beyond outrageous.