Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Interesting stuff that's happened to you at the movies

I had a pretty interesting time watching AOTC for the second time this past weekend. I went with a buddy and took two of my kids, both of which got in free thanks to Honey Nut Cheerios.

About 10 or so minutes from the end, the sound went crapola and stopped. Then that annoying elevator music they play between screenings started up. The scene with the Imperial March playing over all the clones marching up into their ships had a new meaning with Chuck Mangione and company tooting their horns instead of the London Symphony.

What really sucked is that the sound only got reinitialized after that scene ended and the wedding scene started, which I could care less about.

It didn't really bug me that much, so I wasn't going to demand for free passes, but I was going to tell the manager so they would keep an eye on the problem. It turns out that a sudden storm which started during the movie knocked out the sound over all 16 theaters, so everyone walked out from the whole place.

The manager was being kind of a dink by saying we could go into another viewing instead of a freebie, but everyone complained that they didn't have the time for that. When they started finally giving out free passes one guy, who was with his four kids, wanted six tickets but didn't have all his stubs as proof. He got so angry and was ready to pound the manager who was about half his size. Once he yelled for security, the guy bolted for the exit leaving his family behind. What a punk!

Anyways, I got three free tix, besides the original two for my kids. Pretty cool, but I think my wife wants them for that damn Ya-Ya movie.

Anyone else with a good movie story?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

When Episode I came back to theaters for those special charity sreening, lots of people i the theater were tick off. The movie started horribly. The screen was split in two, in wich the top of the picture was on the bottm and the bottom was on the top. I was laughing histarically when numerous people walked to the projector window and started pounding on it. Even though I had already seen it, I was pretty ****ed when they turned off the movie as soon as the credits came on. Those BASTARDS! As I left I flicked off the dude working the projector. The funny part was I wasn't alone. Some old dude was so irate at one of the employees.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
    I was laughing histarically when numerous people walked to the projector window and started pounding on it.
    Lucky for the projector guy here that the projection room is about 20 feet off the floor in the theaters.

Nothing really interesting has happened to me at the movies, well ok there was one really cool thing that happened. I went to see a movie (*gasp*!!! forget what it was) and while the previews were rolling the sound went out but came back on just before the movie started - Forunately the sound went out during the preview for Jennifer Lopez's "Angel Eyes" so it was more like a miracle... :happy:
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I have had the film break twice in all the years I have been seeing movies. Both times it was within 5 minutes of the movie starting, and we had the choice of getting our money back, and seeing another movie. Or, getting our money back and getting passes for the next time we wanted to see the movies. It appears that some higher power was trying to tell me somthing on these two movies, as when I finally did go back to see them, they reeked. The two titles you ask, "Wes Craven's A New Nightmare" and "Event Horizen."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well, when I lived in California, a friend and I were in the theatre watching QUigley Down Under. Well, some genious burned the popcorn in the concession area, which set off the fire alarms. We got evacuated, they let us back in. Then they went off again, we were evacuated, and let back in. We were all evacuated about 10 times. It was annoying at first, but then just ended up being comical. I did get a free pass though.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Event Horizon? I could only pray that they film would break when I saw that. "This ship has traveled to HELL and back...." That is also how I explained my trip to the movies that day.

I watched a movie once that was repeatedly attacked by a large hairball. It was somehow trapped between the lense and film and seemed to chase the characters around the screen. It several times gave Arnold S. a rather bad toupee which was a laugh riot.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    It appears that some higher power was trying to tell me somthing on these two movies, as when I finally did go back to see them, they reeked. The two titles you ask, "Wes Craven's A New Nightmare" and "Event Horizen."
    And they say Jar-Jar doesn't have the force!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I was once helping my Ushers clean a theater (a thousand seat auditorium that had been selling out! ) when I came upon a 32 oz. Icee cup that was filled with what looked like some kind of milkshake. I thought it was pretty odd, but for some strange reason I instinctively sniffed it (don't ask! It's just something I tend to do. My girlfriend is the same way!). Turns out it was filled almost to the rim with VOMIT! Aside from being horribly disgusted, I was actually amazed that whomever had done it had not gotten a single drop on the floor! He or she managed to catch every last drop in that cup!

Originally posted by RooJay
    I was once helping my Ushers clean a theater (a thousand seat auditorium that had been selling out! ) when I came upon a 32 oz. Icee cup that was filled with what looked like some kind of milkshake. I thought it was pretty odd, but for some strange reason I instinctively sniffed it (don't ask! It's just something I tend to do. My girlfriend is the same way!). Turns out it was filled almost to the rim with VOMIT! Aside from being horribly disgusted, I was actually amazed that whomever had done it had not gotten a single drop on the floor! He or she managed to catch every last drop in that cup!
    Ok, that's pretty darn gross. But you've peeked my intrest. Exactly what movie was it found in? I wonder if it's either of the two I mentioned above. I have seen some really bad movies, but not that have made me physically ill.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I've got tons of interesting theater stories from my time working in the biz!
    Once I ended up working in an old and fairly dilapidated theater that had more than it's share of problems. On one instance we were showing The Bone Collector starring Angelina Jolie and Denzel Washington. There is a scene in that film where one of the victims is found bound in an abandoned building were he had been swarmed and eaten by rats! Precisely during that scene a particularly large rat ran across the bottom of the screen...in real life! Panic swept the entire auditorium from the front row to the back, and everyone came rushing out! One lady tripped on her shoe and was pushed from behind headlong into the edge of the open door of the facing auditorium! Was that crowd ever fun to deal with! Needless to say, I was seldom happier than the day the let me transfer out of that Hell-hole!

Of course, don't let yourself be fooled; most theaters not built within the last ten years or so have rodent problems to some extent. Theaters make the perfect home for the lil' buggers; dark and warm, more or less quiet most of the day, with lots of little warm places to hide, and plenty of food (mice and rats can go for weeks on just an ounce of food)! Pick up your mess when you leave people! Otherwise you might be helping to support the colony!