Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

What are you listening to?

What's in your CD player as of late? Personally, I just bought the Cars Anthology, and that's in there as well as some old Mr. Bungle, Faith No More, and The Pixies. What are you listening to?
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

I've been listening to a variety of stuff. Although today I just got done downloading a whole bunch of Sisters of Mercy, Tori Amos and New Model Army songs from Audiogalaxy.com. New Model Army is a punk band that, last I heard, was banned in the US for some political reason or whatever, so you'll almost never find one of their album's in America. I was introduced to them in Germany, way back in 1992 and have liked them ever since.

Faith No More is a really cool band. I really liked their Angel Dust album.

Other bands I consistently like are: Type O Negative, Fear Factory, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, The Who and Blink 182. Kind of a mix of all kinds of rock.

Okay, editing in some of the bands I'm kicking myself for forgetting: Prick (awesome band!), Clutch, Blinker the Star, Hum, Kate Bush, Sinead O'Connor (wierd but cool), NIN and Rammstein.
    Last edited by bigbarada; 09-22-2001 at 11:57 PM.

Lately I was listening to ENYA but I jump around alot with different types from hard rock to soft.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Sounds of whales humping....Oh, I mean hump back whales
    Actually, mostly just ambient stuff. Compilation and mix albums of trance and new age tinkly twangly stuff to chill out to. If you can get hold of the EUPHORIA series of chilled albums you'd be doing yourself a great service. You can't mosh to it but you can get great....... if you put it on when your special someone is around Dudes you know it's true!
    Other than that I've been digging out my ancient collection of cassette singles to listen to and wonder which ones to replace with CD versions if they are still available. stuff like Carter USM, Shed Seven, Pulp, Echobelly, tellytubbies..... (my dog likes it) .... Suede. Tom waits albums seem to be raining about my ears right now in cassette form. Guess i must have really dug him back in the day. Swordfishtrombones is still my favourite album of his. I'll be listening to that at some point today

They Might Be Giants brand new album, Mink Car. God its got some great songs on it! Plus it has a nice techno feel. Gives me alot of energy...then of course I have Moby's Play. So..I have a full afternoon already.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Thumbs up

This is what is in my CD changer in my car:

CD 1: ill Nino
    CD 2: 40 Below Summer
    CD 3: System of a Down - Toxicity
    CD 4: Rammstein - Mutter
    CD 5: Type O Negative
    CD 6: POD - Alive
    CD 7: Tool
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Starfig, can you recommend some TMBG songs? I've been hearing about them for years now, but for some reason never really tried them out. I'll probably download a few songs from audiogalaxy before I commit to buying an album though.

Tool, another great band I'd forgotten about. I've also listened to Disturbed and Slipknot, but they're a little too hardcore for me right now.

I listen to a lot of Enya, Lorenna McKennit, and Dead Can Dance when I in the mood for something a little soft and relaxing.

Also, can't forget the soundtrack masters: John Williams, James Horner, Hans Zimmer and Geinoh Yamashirogumi (Akira).

Besides the normal film score music, of which I have too many different artists to list (although Elfman, Williams, Zimmer, and Badalamenti are my favorites), I have been listening to Badly Drawn Boy, Seven Mary Three, Everclear, and...GASP...classical music.

I am the hippest 16 year old I know.

Thumbs up Pixies

I have been listening to the newly released B-Sides. Which album were you listening to Fulit?

B-sides?
    Trompe?
    Surfer?
    Boss?
    Doolittle?
    C.O.P.?
    ubi mel ibi apes

Trompe Le Monde is in my car, and Bossanova sits near the computer's CD player at all times. I didn't know anything about a new B-Sides album, I'll have to go check that out.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis