Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How hard would it be too do this????

Okay this is just a hypothetical question. But I'm wondering if if could be done. Okay lets say you had a website that sold star wars stuff. What if you approached hasbro and wanted to make a exclusive product. Like 2000 of them. Cause heres what I was thinking Lets say I wanted to rerelease the 15"inch IG-88 figure(either vintage or potj version) with a very detailed paint job like this old hardcopy :::::::

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-produ/ig88-12in-hc.html

and then you put it in a vintage looking box just like this

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-packa/ig88-flat.html

but with a new hasbro logo on it and a number edition plate. Would hasbro do this. Have they ever done anything real exclusive like what i'm talking about? How much would this cost? What kindav politics and paperwork will hasbro throw at you. What If you prepaid for the whole order. All that. Let me know your serious thoughts

BillyJacK

I think its a good idea,but Hasbro would want to make more than 2ooo. I'm sure it takes a lot of money to get something in to production.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

If you don't mind charging over $100 per figure, then it is doable.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I think maybe you should try LucasFilm first, cause I'm sure you would have to apply for a Licence to do this. I don't think Hasbro has the authority to do so ( grant permission ), then again I may be wrong. From time to time. i.e. Various different companies are producing Star Wars items not just Has-Been.

Good luck in your venture if you decide to go through with it.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Well I thought about this. I would unfortunately have to charge over $100 or at $100 for each figure. Another change I'd do is add IG-88's full biography on there From beginning to end (I guess he got killed in SOTE book i can't remember) Also would you use the vintage mold like I showed you in the hardcopy picture with the awesome paint job. Or do you rerelease the POTJ version wiht the great paint job. I wonder how you contact hasbro with this project proposal like this.hmm any help or advice? opinions

billyjack
    Please go post here http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037 If you WANT A HERMI ODLE FIGURE!!

My Needs
    My Stuff Back( you know what i'm speaking on)
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

Originally posted by brandon
    I think maybe you should try LucasFilm first, cause I'm sure you would have to apply for a Licence to do this. I don't think Hasbro has the authority to do so ( grant permission ), then again I may be wrong. From time to time. i.e. Various different companies are producing Star Wars items not just Has-Been.

Good luck in your venture if you decide to go through with it.
    I had thought of that brandon but seeing as i'm getting hasbro to make it for me as just an exclusive item to me. I'm not trying to make it and put my company name on it. Like when target gets exclusives, or how the fan club use to before Hasbro owned them. Let me know your serious thoughts.

BillyJAcK

Oh o.k., I must have misunderstood what you were saying. Geeze that's a hard one to answer, I guess if I was going to do this I would: Present the idea to Hasbro, Then find out what their response was. If it was a go or not and if so what is the minimum amount that needs to be made and what is the cost to you involved. Example if they say you have to purchase 5000 units of this exclusive idea of yours, in order for them to make it ,and it's going to cost approx 85.00 a piece. Then you have to ask yourself if anyone wants to pay like 160 to 170 for a limited edtion kickA** IG-88. All kinds of factors will be involved, lawyers, money, banks, fees, licencing, some kind of demand survey to find out if it will sell etc. Basically alot of hard work is what I think. You have good ideas and it will be a matter of you getting someone to recognize them.

Hope maybe that helped a little.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

hasbro probably wouldn't since if they are going to back and make a figure they want more than one site to get it, and since your not associated with lucas film they probably won't think enough people will know like the fan club, evry knows, but a random website, i don't think so.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

Well I have money and connections to do something like this financially. Question is who would want this kickass! IG-88 at $135 dollars? Obviously I would have to pre-sell these things to pay for the mammoth cost if it even cost that much maybe cheaper. But who will want one. I know I do. Also the very detailed paint job would be a must. LMK what you think

BillyJAcK
    Please go post here http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037 If you WANT A HERMI ODLE FIGURE!!

My Needs
    My Stuff Back( you know what i'm speaking on)
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

Just me, but I can't justify $135 for a re-released figure regardless of how fancy the package is. I'm still trying to accept that I'll have to pay $125 for the Shuttle.

Sorry.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis