Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deluxe Anakin...

Okay, so I opened it. I was going to wait until someone else could offer their opinion of it, but no one did, and I couldn't wait anymore . It's not so bad, actually.

Pose(s): The Anakin is not so over-posed as his Hangar Duel counterpart. It's still basically a one-pose wonder, but the stance isn't as wide (which I would think would make this a candidate for the speeder, as he can actually sit down).
    The Geonosian has a pretty normal pose, pretty similar to the Geonosian Warrior, with its arms in a slightly different position.

Sculpt: Eh, they're not bad. The Anakin has a primal scream going on for him and his eye brows are huge, but I guess it's okay.
    The Geonosian's is okay too.

Misc: The gimmick on the Anakin (I think) is somewhat better than the Hanager Duel version. It actually looks like he's swiping his lightsabers, and not (physically impossibly) twirling one like with the HD. The gimmick is: There is button on the back. Once pused, it brings his arms together and crosses the two lightsabers. His wrists also have articulation which can help for different poses. However, his neck seems to have no articulation and I think I'm seeing glue there.
    The Genosian is a little lack-luster here. The paint kinda sucks, it's just this flat green and it gimmick is, well, meh... He'll stay together, nice and tight, when you have Anakin hitting him. But if you touch the thing the wrong way, he'll fall apart. And the wings don't have the ball joint anymore. They're just plugged in and can only move in a circle.

I don't know. For this one, I'd give maybe a 6 out of 10. It has some decent playability, especially for a kid (I mean, who doesn't want to recreate Geonosians getting chopped in half? ). And I think it would look okay just displayed, but I'll have to find a decent place to put it.

End .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deluxeani.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	2171  
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Here's one of the mauled Geonosian. I pulled out one of the wings, so people could see what I mean about it only being able to move in a circle.

End .

Name:	geonosianpackin.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	2172  
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

And here's one of Anakin's back to show you what the button looks like. I know that some people didn't like the HD wheel, so I'm showing this so people can see what it's like.

End .

Name:	aniback.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	2173  

What's up with the Geonosian's eyes!!! They are like painted black around them or something!
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!

Originally posted by SuperBattleDroid88
    What's up with the Geonosian's eyes!!! They are like painted black around them or something!
    I think they have been taking make-up tips from Ewan McGregor.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Dang, looks like that button is gonna keep Deluxe Ani out of the driver's seat on his speeder. Thanks for the cool review Lman, now I have a hard decision because I was gonna use him for my speeder, but no longer think that'll be possible and this set doesn't look so great for anything else.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Dang, looks like that button is gonna keep Deluxe Ani out of the driver's seat on his speeder. Thanks for the cool review Lman, now I have a hard decision because I was gonna use him for my speeder, but no longer think that'll be possible and this set doesn't look so great for anything else.
    If you plan on doing an Arena battle scene you can do like I'm planning. Just buy two Nikto Jedi's and take the robe off one and put it on Anakin for your first dead Jedi.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I think the only good think about the Deluxe Anakin is the sliceable Genosian. Anakin's facial expression is as bad as Mace Windu's. And I dont remember him using 2 lightsabers except to fight Dooku. Who knows what HASBRO is thinking.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

i'm with wesleysr on this one--anakin is garbage, pure and simple--he's singing, has huge black eyebrows, a cheap tunic, and his arms pop off if you try to pose him--the geonosian's not perfect, but it's worth the $10 i wasted on ani to get a different geonosian
    [font=courier]"looks like i could use some fabric softener"[/font]