Thumbs up Whatcha think about Dark Horse Comics?

I love them. The art is usually excellent! Better than Marvel or DC. I think it is less "scratchy." I like it lots and lots! The stories are also really great! I suggest you read 'em if you aren't already!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I personally find them hacky for most of the stuff I've read. I don't think they visualize the stuff from books well, and the original stuff feels thin or not very Star Wars. That's just my opinion though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Lightbulb

The Marvel comics had more of the SW feel to them, even if they tended to be "out there." Dark Horse is flooding the market with SW titles. I expect Star Wars: Padawan Angst to come out soon. I'm not a big DH fan.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Thumbs up

I personally like what I've read. I think the Tales of the Jedi, Crimson Empire, and Dark Empire were all great.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I was kind of fond of the Saturday Morning Cartoon feel of Underworld. However there are just waaaaay too many different mini-series out there for me to keep up.

Thumbs up what i like

I personally like the pre-Episode 4 stuff, except the very pre-episode 4 stuff, like Tales of the Jedi. I like the stuff that involve the current Jedi Council the most. I also liked Darth Maul though. And Chewbacca, and the Thrawn trilogy.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

I've liked some of the stuff I've read from DH. I haven't bothered with titles such as Dark Empire, etc. b/c they're just comic versions of the novels. I really like the idea of repackaging a series into a trade paperback. It is much easier to get than trying to track down individual issues.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Thumbs up yep

I usually buy the graphic novels too. Unless, of course, I just CANNOT wait and must get them NOW! Like Infinities, Jedi Council, Hunt for Aurra Sing.
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

I have most of the DH Sw comic books (i havent read them all yet!!), they indeed are FAR SUPERIOR than the Marvel SW counterparts...now if u compare them to the Marvel or DC Regular heroes line, thats something else...they are just different.

The point is that i really like Dark horse.
    As always...........L