Thread: When????

Question When????

When will the Episode 2 figures be coming out? I am not talking about the Previews, if there even are any, I am talking about the First Wave. like, when will the midnight madness sales be? Next year, late this year, When? Any help would be appreciated, because I am getting really hungry for some Episode 2 figures here....
    [COLOR=blue][b]"There is another..."[/b][/COLOR]

I'm assuming it'll be roughly the same scenario as for Ep1, so around May 3rd, but it's really up to Lucas when he wants his toys to hit the shelves. I wouldn't mind waiting until after the premiere to let demand actually build up before flooding the market.

Around a week before the movies release I'd expect to see them
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I'd expect to see them at least three weeks before the release date.

Though I agree that after the release of the film would be the best time for the release, I'll have to go with Big Barada and Master Jedi on this one. Expect to see them weeks (or even over a month) prior to the release. The trend is already too ingrained in the licensed toy mentality. Look at the flood of Lord of the Rings figures in September! Come Christmas most retailers will feel compelled to "move 'em out" for all of the Christmas season toys, not realizing that they are missing the BEST time for sales.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Thumbs up

My guess will be also weeks b4 EPII opening day, but i hope that the assortment would not be as big as EPI.
    As always...........L

It's going to be just like last year, just with a smaller assortment of figures in Wave 1. The retailers will hold another midnight madness to grab all the collector/scalper business, but then will have a smaller inventory afterwards to avoid their mistakes with EP1.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Thumbs up

I'll be there no matter what.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Official reports have put the preview figures at a release date of April 22nd tentatively. Around the same time that trailer B will debut.
    I've been saying this for what seems like forever. check out any of my posts about this issue and you'll see how accurate my predictions are.
    All this episode one stuff is all that's needed to keep star wars fresh in themind of the casual fan for the moment and then in April really whip up the hullabaloo with the figure previews.
    As much as us die hard fans want the toys right now it just isn't going to happen. I can wait 'til April, it's only another six months away... *breaks down sobbing unctrollably*

Lets all try to console Jargo in his darkest hour!

Judging from reports that "merchandise" will be available in April, the April 22 projected date seems the likely target to be hit. The real question now is, what are we to expect? I've seen various uncofirmed lists (in fact I have yet to see a difinitive confirmed list) of EII figures that suggest an initial release of up to 24 different characters! If this is true, expect a repeat of EI's massive figure dump right off the bat. And if EII is as (minor/background) character rich as EI, the line will sustain itself for some time. Factor in costume changes for principal characters and you can have EII figures well into the release of EIII in 2005!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.