Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

red wings win game #3 in triple overtime

Game started at 8 PM Eastern time & just ended. I'm exhausted, and all I did was watch it. Those players must've lost 10 lbs.

I'm a wingnut, but I have to say that the Carolina goalie, Arturs Irbe, is just amazing.

GO WINGS!!!!!!
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Unreal, I got back from watching Lewis/Tyson and it was STILL on . . . I watched the whole 3rd OT and I'm not a big hockey fan. But it sure was fun to watch . . . Swaffy were you concerned when Dominator took that rib shot?
    That shot in the mouth that Duschene (sp) took was freaky!

Dom's taken so many flops to try to draw penalties on the opposition, I figured this was another one. From what the commentators were saying at first about him just taking a rest, you could tell they were thinking the same thing. Then, when the replay was shown, I was a little worried until he got back up. I thought it looked an awful lot like the 'Cane who collided with him intentionally bent his knee a bit more when he saw the way the hit was coming, to hurt Dom more. I though that should have been called for a penalty. But, Dom has taken so many blatant dives that it's like "the boy who cried wolf" syndrome for him now. No one believes him any time he goes down, and one day, if he comes back after this season, he could end up laying there badly hurt for a really long time before anyone even comes to ask him if he's okay.

I hope Duchesne didn't fracture any facial bones. But he DID come back out there for the last shift and contribute to the Larionov goal, so hopefully he's okay. Those guy are all so incredibly tough and brave, it makes me feel like a complete wuss by comparison. I'm the same age as Yzerman & Hull, and I wouldn't last one hit against any of them, I'm sure. One hard check in the boards, and I figure my "career" would be instantly over.

And Sean (Shawn?) Hill has GOT to be destroyed. He's a freakin' monster. I hope, if the wings can get ahead by two goals in the 3rd period of one of the next couple games, that Scotty will tell the wings they have his blessing to take a 4 minute major penalty and for them to just absolutely pulverize Hill. Maybe McCarty & Shanahan could board him at full speed from opposite directions at the same time, and hopefully he'd be dumb enough to get up and start trying to fight them both.

I just hope the wings will have anything left after this 3OT game to carry them through the next few.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

i watched only the overtimes and i'm drained...someone made a great point in a letter to the l.a. times sports section about how once the Kings were eliminated, the paper eschewed sending reporters to cover the playoffs, instead relying on associated press feeds. anyhow, enough rambling and back to reading SW related posts
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

SWAFMAN, you are darn right Irbe is amazing!! All of our team is amazing!!
    The Red Wings may win this Stanley Cup, but they are NOT going to win it easily. As a Raleigh native and a Canes fan, I know we will not bow down to them and let them walk away with it.
    As far as the game last night, I almost got a ticket because I know a guy who works at the ESA and he said he might could get me in. That fell through though because of how tight the security is and how strict the league is being about the large crowds.
    I watched the game all the way through the end of the first overtime at a local sports hangout here, then went home for the rest. An amazing game by both teams, although I am dissapointed that we lost.
    Well, we may not win the Cup this year, but we have shown the world that we have arrived in the NHL and we will contend!!
    Welcome to Mayberry folks!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Like I said, welcome to Mayberry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mayberrycanes.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	2184  
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

By the way, whats the weather in Detroit right now?

Name:	satelliteimage.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	2185  

And I just had to post this one.

Name:	graves_det.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	2186  

JF96, those are all great pics. I can't speak for anyone else, but as for myself, the 'Canes have definitely earned my respect. Except for Hill, who has earned nothing but my contempt.

My favorite part of last night's game was Irbe dragging one of the wings out of his net and into the corner of the rink. That was priceless. "GET OUT OF MY NET!!!!"
    Last edited by SWAFMAN; 06-09-2002 at 06:48 PM.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

SWAFMAN, this is what the playoffs are all about. Sure Detroit is the favorite to win, but how much fun would we have watching this series if it was all one sided?
    I appreciate your respect for my team, as I respect yours. The Red Wings have alot of history and are a great franchise. I think this series really speaks volumes for both teams and cities.
    Also, I read your post about your son's ballgame. Congrats to him!! Sounds like he is a true slugger!!
    Cant wait until tomorrow nights game.