Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have yet to get this set. But They look great to me. I very much like the removeable hand on Vader and the "cleaved" lightsaber of Mauls. I also like the implied comparison of the two figures made by packaging them together.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I Like it alot, But I Still think we need a Vader/Luke Final Dual Set.
    May the force be with You!!!!!

I bought that thing to go through several motions.

I display my 12" - sort of in scenes (though I don't make sets like I do for the 3 3/4")

Well, the Electronic 14" was so much my favorite 12", and still is I think, that I bought 3:

1 to fight Luke Bespin

1 to stand with the Emperor, Royal Guard and Tarkin

1 to lie fallen by his son's side with Death Star II Luke (that means you take off the vest) at his side, removing his helmet in what friends tell me is my most touching 12" display.

OK, all that was good, but can you believe I still wanted ANOTHER one?

I wanted Vader with 2 Snowtroopers and the ATAT Driver figure.

I held off, thinking, if only they make General Veers, I can use SOMEBODY else to make this group really look good. (I'd have gotten a 3rd Snowtrooper, but I'm still betting they do something with the Tri-pod eventually). So I waited. Never opened my ATAT Driver, or my snowtroopers.

Then this 2-pack came out. It was technically something different because I could remove Vader's hand. Oooo. It was enough! You can tell I wanted another Vader to free one up to join my snowtroopers.

What to do with Darth Maul then?

Idea: buy ANOTHER Obi-Wan Kenobi 12" - the best of the E1's anyway, and do the slaying scene. Not all my 12" Qui-Gon's needed their lightsabers showing under their cloaks, so one with the Return to Naboo Queen could make a loan, or at least the one I'm going to pose "swimming" could give up the blade and if you didn't look, you wouldn't see Obi-Wan's saber making a green blade... Not sure what I'm going to do, but I'll work it out. (My E1 stuff are back in their boxes until I get a bigger place).

So, next, what to do with Maul and getting the lightsaber through him? Fishing wire. It takes a lot of it, because he needs to be suspended on a high shelf (or you made a cat toy if you have pets) but on such a length of line that he is just barely above his lower legs and body. Just enough for the blade to go between his halves. Then you have to have enough wire on his arms and head so that he doesn't spin when the air conditioning's on. This isn't something you can do fast, or without trial and error, but I bet it's achieveable. I haven't done it. Just bought the stuff and plan to.

All because I like a 14" Vader with Removeable helmet!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The 12" Vader rocks, although he's simply a rehash of the previously issued version, so he's redundant there.

The 12" Maul is okay, but the "split in half" feature makes him stink for customizing. The head sculpt is okay.

Best Maul headsculpt was the Wal-Mart exclusive, with the Sith Speeder.

I agree on that statement about Maul with the Sith Speeder whole-heartedly!

That was a nice exclusive! And not terribly hard to find either.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've never heard of it, but i need to look into it, cause it sounds kind of sweet.
    The force will be with you- always...

Is this set available in stores now? Is it exclusive? I would love a 12" Vader.

I passed on it because I have both 12' Electronic Vader and 12' Darth Maul. SO there wasn't much of a point in me buying it.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

cool joe,

this 2 pack was in stores over a year ago. they didn't sell too well.

I don't think I've heard of these 3 3/4 fig's.

Is there a picture in the photo gallery?