Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Anyone has bought the Republic Gunship?

I was just wanting a review of this piece... Is it really worth the dough?

I came into some cash about 6 months ago and ordered one from lego. I had more fun building this one than any of the others. I spent a solid 5 hours building it over the period of 3 or 4 days. It cost me roughly 215 with shipping, but I think it displays even better than the UCS x-wing. For as big and heavy as it is, it is sturdier than I expected. As far as detail I beleive they really nailed it on this one. All and all I wish I would've known they were going to put them in stores, I probably could've saved a few bucks via Ebay. I would think you could find one there and get it shipped for about 180 or so. Hope this helps.

I haven't got it but it looks like it's the best of all the E2 Legos, I'm really trying to find a way to get it, especially since it comes with 4 Clone Troopers and 2 Super Battle Droids.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

i haven't picked it up as i'm waiting for later in the year so i can space my lego binges out a bit. its so expensive up here so its kinda been a deterrent. looks like a fun set to build, i just wonder where i'll put the darn thing
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Just noticed I gave you a review of the Tantive IV. Sometimes I wonder where my brain goes. I have the Republic gunship but I'm waiting until I have a place to display it before I put it together.

Thanks for the input... TANTIVE IV huh? I haven't see this set at retail in my part of the world yet and I have no doubt its the best looking set ever.
    Coming back to the Gunship. I have spotted one of the specialty shop here selling it at half its price but with the 4 Clonetroopers, 1 SBD and the Jedi removed from the set. However, the Destroyer Droid and 1 of its SBD is still in the set. You think this set is still cool without its minifigs?

I think it is

I think the Rep. Gunship is cool without the mini-figs, personally. Heh- if you don't want that 1/2 price set, I'll take

I like the ship a lot- it's pretty sturdy, but I don't know...

You can order Hasbro's version that's bigger for $38.88 at Wal-Mart.com...granted it's not Lego, but yeah.

I do recommend getting the Lego one even without the figs- it's a nifty piece

Talking Got it!

You can see it here and also here.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Hi humsup, thanks for introducing me to this forum

I feel the Republic Gunship is the arguably the best set for 2002...trying to get my hands on one, the half price set would do fine if it was still available.

Welcome jazz
    I'll check it out for you the next time I visit the shop again. But like I have mentioned before... they do "manufacture" the set if there are genuine buyer bcos they are ready to let me have an Imperial Shuttle for a knock down price too... but I hesitate as I already have too many white bricks.... I really need some grey ones - light or dark
    Hope you enjoy the stay here.