luke stormtrooper's helmet

I recently won this guy on an auction and I'm afraid the helmet is a replica. Unlike Boushh, Lando in Skiff, all of the Ewoks, Rancor Keeper, and the other vintage figures who had soft plastic removable headgear, my stormtrooper Luke has a hard plastic helmet. The helmet seems thin compared to the old stormtrooper design, as well. Does anyone know how I can verify if this is a true helmet or a replica? I've checked the picture archives here and I can't get a good look at the helmet itself.

My Luke Stormtrooper also had a hard-plastic helmet, which actually looked pretty crappy. I think Kenner was just trying out new materials when they made that figure.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Does the helmet have a bit of a shine to it? It should if it's real. It should be a little shinny, not like a new car or anything, but a bit. Replica plastic doesn't have a shine to it. It is supposed to be hard like bigbarada said. Sorry, I could tell you if I could see it or touch it, but it's hard to tell for sure with just a discription.

Hope this helped.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Just compare it to the helmets that came with the Luke & Han stormtrooper disguise figs. (Carded luke, Froot loop Han, & DS escape CS) It is definitely different from them. If it is a "repro", it is likely from one of those figs. That would be much easier than remolding and painting a vintage one.